- RSS Channel Showcase 5832422
- RSS Channel Showcase 4358101
- RSS Channel Showcase 3748985
- RSS Channel Showcase 8233660
Articles on this Page
- 11/13/16--18:49: _sync take ages to c...
- 11/13/16--18:49: _Re: Multiple IP's o...
- 11/13/16--19:07: _FCOE Issues with HP...
- 11/13/16--20:38: _Re: FT - Secondary ...
- 11/13/16--21:14: _Get-HardDisk : Cann...
- 11/13/16--21:23: _Re: Cannot download...
- 11/13/16--22:00: _will disable VNUMA ...
- 11/13/16--22:08: _Re: Problem with in...
- 11/13/16--22:19: _Re: Problem with in...
- 11/13/16--22:21: _Re: Problem with in...
- 11/13/16--22:24: _Re: Get-HardDisk : ...
- 11/13/16--22:43: _Re: Virtual SSD not...
- 11/13/16--22:48: _Re: ESX VLANs
- 11/13/16--22:58: _Re: For what need u...
- 11/14/16--07:50: _Re: vROps version c...
- 11/14/16--07:51: _Re: How to have VM ...
- 11/14/16--07:52: _Re: Data Retriever ...
- 11/14/16--07:56: _Can i change VSAN s...
- 11/14/16--08:00: _Re: Force my PC to ...
- 11/14/16--08:01: _Re: Shared folders ...
- 11/13/16--18:49: sync take ages to complete, found issue, found temp solution
- 11/13/16--18:49: Re: Multiple IP's on Summary page of the VM
- 11/13/16--19:07: FCOE Issues with HP Blade C7000
- 11/13/16--20:38: Re: FT - Secondary VM Won't Automatically Power On
- 11/13/16--22:00: will disable VNUMA with enable hot add for cpu
- 11/13/16--22:08: Re: Problem with installation -- gcc not found
- 11/13/16--22:19: Re: Problem with installation -- gcc not found
- 11/13/16--22:21: Re: Problem with installation -- gcc not found
- 11/13/16--22:48: Re: ESX VLANs
- 11/13/16--22:58: Re: For what need update VM
- 11/14/16--07:50: Re: vROps version compabitility
- 11/14/16--07:52: Re: Data Retriever is not initialized yet. Please wait..
- 11/14/16--07:56: Can i change VSAN storage policy live while VMs are still running?
- 11/14/16--08:00: Re: Force my PC to go through a VM before Internet
- 11/14/16--08:01: Re: Shared folders not working
host os: Windows 10
VMware workstation 12
Guest os Linux 4.x 64
Guest memory size: 12G
when windows wakes up from sleep, it take quite about 10 minutes of high disk io before disk io LED is quiet.
i found a solution to this before: execute sync.exe (from cygwin) before sleep, it take about 10 minutes to sync and then sleep, at least it won't do it during wake up when i want to use the computer
recently i find the real cause, it was the memory map file, the *.vmem file
prefvmx.minVmMemPct = "100"
MemTrimRate = "0"
mainMem.useNamedFile = "FALSE"
sched.mem.pshare.enable = "FALSE"
prefvmx.useRecommendedLockedMemSize = "TRUE"
i use these setting to disable the map file and the problem is gone
however this solution is not permanent, as soon as i use suspend feature of vmware, a new *.vmem file is generated.
so the question is, can *.vmem not be sync to disk when it is in memory?
When vadp try to query the machine it errors out with the below.
Two or more backup component with same name xx.xx.xx.xx were found with conflicting info. nbu status = 69, Severity 2(1)
So I have been dealing with this FCoE issue since we implemented our blades system. We have a C7000 Chassis with 16 Blades and 4 Virtual Connects. We have 2 Brocade switches. VC 1 goes to Brocade 1, VC 2 goes to Brocade 2, VC 3 goes to Brocade 3, and VC 4 goes to Brocade 2. Each blade has 4 HBAs (FCoe) adapters which in each goes to one of the VC's. In the zoning it is configured as Single Initiater to the SAN (we have 4 SANs). The issue we have is I can only have 2 of the HBA adapters active in the Brocade zones other wise we have issues. If only 2 of the 4 are active everything works fine across all SANs, if either 3 or 4 are enabled we have issues. The issues we have are if 3 or 4 adapters are enabled, the 3rd HBA will not see all the LUNs, it will see partial LUNS, and the 4th ones won't see any. I am not able to present new LUNs to them because they will not detect them either, unless I reboot then the LUN i presented will show up. I have a ticket with HP and VMWare and they can not figure it out either. I am on the latest HP firmware, and we have even tried downgrading firmware to see if that helps. Anybody have ideas or am I just out of luck?
have you enable the vMotion on all of your host or not ,the reason for not power on the second VM in vMotion , for your information you don't need to power on the second VM its auto Power on
when the Primary VM on and also check your VM must be on shared Data Store . you are testing FT on Live Hosts or Workstation ?
any idea why I am getting this error?
$VMs = get-content vms.txt
foreach ($VM in $VMs)
$VMDK = $VM | get-harddisk }
Get-HardDisk : Cannot process argument transformation on parameter 'Datastore'. Strings as pipeline input are not supported.
At line:1 char:7
+ $VM | Get-HardDisk
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (xjzxbwg1105x:PSObject) [Get-HardDisk], ParameterBindingArgumentTransformationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentTransformationError,VMware.VimAutomation.ViCore.Cmdlets.Commands.VirtualDevice.GetHardDisk
Now November, still can't download it.
New server installation, wanted to try this, will try again in a week or so, after that it is too late will have to go with HyperV.
on esxi 6.0 or 5.5 if i enable hot add and plug for cpu VNUMA will be diasble and not work ?
I'm trying to install VMware Player in Debian :
Kernel : 4.7.0-1-amd64
installed gcc versions:
gcc (Debian 6.2.0-10) 6.2.0 20161027
gcc-5 (Debian 5.4.1-3) 5.4.1 20161019
vmware to install is:
After running vmplayer, I get a window ( Vmware Kernel Module Updater) showing GNU C Complier (gcc) version 5.4.1 was not found...
and asking for Location. I enter the /usr/bin/gcc-5 and click on install.
After this , I get a window showing an error: "A compatible version of gcc was not found."
i also trying the suggestion patch from
unfortunately don't work because make fails on hostif.c and userif.c
get_user_pages_remote hast to few parameters!
very frustrated. I don't know what to do more...
Thanks in Advance!!!
I have a fix... you can contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I suppose the content of the file vms.txt has a list of VM Names.
So when you import it in the variable $VMs, it has a list of the VM Names. Similarly $VM has a string value with the name of a VM. So in the "$VMDK = $VM | get-harddisk" you are essentially giving a string value and trying to get the Get-Harddisk of the VM. This is obviously failing as the pipeline input should an object.
Change it to "Get-VM $VM | Get-HardDisk" Should do.
$VMs = get-content vms.txt
foreach ($VM in $VMs)
$VMDK = Get-VM $VM | get-harddisk }
Greetings and welcome to the VMware forums!
Please open a new thread for your issue! Do not respond to existing threads with unrelated content, and please do not address individual forum member directly with new questions.
Opening a new thread for your question will give it a much greater audience and a greater chance to get it resolved.
Andreas (VMTN Moderator)
I implemented something similar to what was recommended here in our live environment yesterday, and so far it seems to work as we'd hoped.
Thanks for the help with this, really appreciate it
So, update the Virtual Machine needs only for new hardware features? No more secure?
What ever licences you are using they will need to be upgraded in the vmware portal. eg the 5.8 vrops licences will not work with 6.x vrops and the 5.5 vcloud suit licence will not work with 6.x vrops
6.x vrops will run and fully supported with vsphere 5.5
Are you using Player 12.5.1? There were some issues with networking in 12.5.0.
Thanks for the suggestion, that is exactly what is happening. I logged in and the cluster (only the 1 node) was at "Failed to Start". I hit Bring Online, and now it is sitting at "Waiting for Analytics".
I have 7 node cluster with ESXi 6.2 and VSAN enabled all flash, currently i have storage policy with Fault Tolerance method RAID-1 (Mirroring) - Performance,
i need to change it to Raid-5/6 (Erasure Coding), Can this be done live without affecting the VMs running in the cluster?
Yes, this is certainly possible, and common. One solution is found on Ulli's page - transparent bridge. Sanbarrow.com
Please post your vmx file. Make sure that shared folders are enabled, and defined.